Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What does 'Darkness' mean to you?

Each year that goes by I reflect on my life....where it is...where it is going.  There are times things in my life flow effortlessly and other times are incredibly strenuous. 

I have had many days filled with light and goodness and others that have been so dark I did not think I would be able to see my way out.  It is in the darkest times I do my deepest searching...searching for me and the meaning of life...sometimes the answers come right away and other times they come so slowly.  I cannot explain what darkness is as there are no words to describe it...maybe...if you watched the Harry Potter movies...it would be similar to the death eaters coming and sucking out your soul or being...that is the only real description that comes to my mind.  During these times of darkness when I feel like my soul has been sucked out of me...I realize there is always some light...no matter how small it may be...it is there and it is deep.  When I start to focus on that light it starts to get better and the darkness starts to lighten up a bit..there then becomes a balance in me of light and dark...working in union.

Experience allows us to understand life...it allows us to be sympathetic to others, to give, to love, to have compassion...my experience thus far in this lifetime continue to bring compassion and gratitude to a new level.

Live, Love, Adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment